Saturday, March 1, 2008

Home Made Pizza on Flat Bread

The other night I stopped by the bread maker and asked him if he could make me some small size bread for the kids. He was delighted since he knows the kids now and thinks they are so fun. I brought the bread home and we had a family pizza making party using the flat bread as the crust. I pulled all the fresh veggies and some ham and pineapple and pepperoni out the fridge and everyone had a great time making and eating their own pizza. It was great to see how well they ate what they had made. You will notice Cairo made the "healthiest" pizza, using the most fresh veggies...even "cupecumbers" (as Charlie calls them.)
Charlie wasn't interested in making his own pizza so I overlooked taking a photo of him..my bad. He did eat a bit everyone elses. If any of you have trouble getting your kids to eat..I highly recommend having them make their own dinner from ingredients you choose. They seem to be so much more invested. It was a great night and pizzas were all delicious. Each pizza won an award of some kind. As I mentioned, Cairo won for the healtiest. Jack won for most colorful and Sam won for most traditional and most spicy.

The finished pizzas..hot out of the oven...I wish I had one of these right now!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It's so fun to make your own pizza's. Cairo's looks professional, maybe she should open a pizza shop!