Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'm Certified...I think!

I spent last weekend doing an indoor cycling certification course with Schwinn. The course is only available in Abu Dhabi once a year so I felt really fortunate to have it come around as soon as it did. It was intense 2 days of a lot of biking time and classroom time. They don't take this lightly. I haven't received final notification of my success yet. But did receive a text message that preliminary results were in and I had passed. Honestly, it was a huge relief because 1-2 people usually fail and there were only 8 in my class.
I feels great to have set this goal to become an instructor and to now have the credibility of the certification. Now, I just need to work on my instruction skills and I will be so satisfied.
I taught a class this morning for Molly. Brad came and we had a full class because Saturdays are a big attendance day, and Molly has a reputation for being such an awesome instructor. They were big shoes to fill, but..nobody walked out...Whew...

4 comments:

dhoop kinara said...

congratulations!

jlohran said...

Hope you can teach when you come back-- but I must say I probably would have walked out because you would have kicked my butt-- biking is tough!

abumom said...

I am SOOOO bummed I missed your first days as an instructor. Hoping to do a certification over here one day...
missing you and the Hilton!!
xo
me

Luke and Tiff said...

Congrats! Looks like you are busy with all sorts of fun as usual with your projects and all the kids'.