Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ramadan Kareem

It is the Holy Month of Ramadan. A month of fasting, celebrations and a focus on directing the thoughts and spirit to Allah. The title photo above was taken at a mosque near our home. I have always loved driving past the mosque during prayer time and seeing the many shoes on the steps of the mosque. A symbol, to me, of people leaving part of outside world behind and going into prayer. Finally, I got a picture of the shoes on the steps. I have wanted this photo for such a long time.

1 comment:

Mrs.Kerr said...

Fun new photos and updates---thanksTerri. Remember how I used to say I wanted to freeze everything just as it was on certain days. I know how you feel. Where did those last 5 years go?
Give all those cute students a hug and wish for a great school year from Bobbi.....