Monday, April 21, 2008

Picnic on the Nile's west bank

We sailed across the Nile to have a picnic and watch the sunset.  We were able to enjoy the quiet beauty of Luxor as well as great food.  We were all amazed at the local egyptians who really still use the river for livelihood.  Fishing and harvesting wheat went on from sunrise to sunset.
This cute little girl was following her father around as he did his work on the banks of the Nile.  Cairo was so taken by her.  Grandma and Grandpa Cook had given Cairo some Easter candy and she still had some Whoppers in her pocket.  As she watched the little girl, suddenly she asked if she could give the candy to her.  We gave her permission so Cai hopped off the boat and chased the little girl.  Then Cairo sat on the bow of our boat watching the little girl...waiting for her to eat it.  It was so great to witness our daughter, in her own way, on her own level...experiencing Egypt as I did.  Realizing how blessed she is and how many different kinds of people we share this planet with.
After she got over her shyness, the girl took the candy out and started to open it...Cairo was thrilled.  "She's eating it!"  She was so happy to have shared a small gift with that girl.
Whenever I feel like my job as a mom and taxi cab is tough..I'm going to think of this woman..That's only one example of what Egypt does for me..PERSPECTIVE.
First morning in Luxor...Kids on the Nile.  Honestly, I'm not trying to rub it in..I'm so grateful.  How many people get to have their ultimate dreams fulfilled.  Four healthy children, a healthy marriage to a hotty and we were all able to revisit the place where I set my sites on someday bringing my family back here with Brad.
Four kids on a felucca on the Nile.  We sailed to the West Bank of the Nile where we had a picnic and watched locals fishing and harvesting wheat.

No comments: