Monday, April 21, 2008

Finally, I Was Able To Share Cairo With My Family....

My first visit to Cairo was a life-changing experience..Not only did I realize I had to find a way to convince Brad to marry me, but I realized the world is soooo much bigger than each of us alone.  I know it sounds trite but, really, to a 23 year old single woman from Cache Valley..My world was really small.  Mom encouraged me to go without hesitation.  Now that I'm a mother of a daughter I realize how huge that was for Mom and Dad, to send me off to visit Egypt in the midst of the 1st Gulf War, and a guy that I had briefly dated and was totally gaagaa for.
Mom said she had always wanted to go to Egypt...That was all it took.  I decided then and there that I was going.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Mom and Dad for your encouragement and support for that adventure of a lifetime.  Since then I have dreamed of the day that Mom would get to Cairo with me.  Dreams do come true!  I got the guy...I've been back to my beloved Egypt a few times since...always with him...and I never tire of either one.

1 comment:

abumom said...

What a beautiful tribute! I love you pics--as always--and that you get them out there! what I don't really understand is.....what does going private mean, and should I be doing that...and how?
more in another email
xo
me