Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We visit the Women's College

Monday the Abu Dhabi Women's College had a big festival. The parents were invited to come and see the campus and there were a lot of booths with things for sale, henna and other fun stuff.
I planned on going and since Dana, Molly and I trade off afternoons with the kids from Stepping Stones it was my day and I thought I'd take them to the campus too.
It turned out to be such a fun time. I think the students had the most fun seeing these young american children walking through campus with the director (Brad).
We couldn't walk more than a few steps without students stopping us and asking for a photo of the kids and usually they wanted a photo of the kids and Brad.
It was a scream. I honestly think there were over 30 pictures taken of these kids. The boys got a little tired of it but cute little Ali..the darling blonde girl, was the most popular due to her light hair and she really hammed it up for the cameras. She would smile and wave for every shot. Eventually it got to the point where it was just Brad and Ali in the pictures and she would just snuggle up to him and smile. Finally, Brad asked me..."who's Ali". It was so funny because by then he had posed with her for no less than 10 photos.

Charlie, Mark and a glimpse of Ali. I'm surprised with all the photos taken of her, I didn't manage to get one myself..

There was an exhibit that showed robots picking up balls and driving them around. The kids thought it was very cool.

Ali is another classmate of the boys and they talk about her constantly. Her mom, Christy, has said the boys are a constant topic at their house too. Ali's family moved in at the beginning of this school year and Christy is one of the Mom's we hang out with on the playground after ACS every afternoon. Ali will probably become one of the regulars in our afternoon playgroup from now on.

No comments: