Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Homemade" Salsa

I put quotation marks around the homemade part because the tomatoes used are from a can...But, I do make it at home and at least 2 times a week. It appeals to all, even my sweet sister-in-law (who is living with us) that never has liked salsa before..
Ingredients:
1 Can Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes
1 Anaheim pepper
1 Serrano pepper
1 Bunch fresh cilantro
1 tsp. Cumin
1 Tbl. Brown Sugar
1 Tbl. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 clove fresh garlic
1 green onion
Recipe:
In a food processor, mix the following:
1 can Mexican style tomatoes
1" Anaheim pepper (the seeds add heat so I leave them out)
1/2" Serrano pepper (same info on seeds)
2 Tbl fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 Clove fresh garlic..(If you don't have this on hand just add a sprinkle of dried or leave it out...)
1" lower part of green onion
1 Tbl. Brown Sugar..(White will work too...I just always use brown when cooking with tomatoes)
1 Tbl. Apple Cider Vinegar
Pulse until desired consistency is achieved. I prefer it less chunky.
The results are delish!

No comments: