Monday, January 26, 2009

Remember This Guy??

Sri, he was my hero for an entire week last year when he caught the birds that were loose in our house..Remember that? It was last March and I came home and thought someone was in the house because I could hear weird stuff upstairs. When I went upstairs to check it out, I interrupted a bird party going on in Sam's room. They, of course, were surprised by me so flew into my face. Sri came and caught the birds and gently set them free to resume their lives OUTSIDE our home.
Mr. Sri just got back from Sri Lanka where he went to visit his family 8 weeks ago. If you can believe it, it was the 1st time in 4 years he has seen his wife and 4 kids.
(Now I feel like a real baby for feeling lonely with Brad gone for 2 nights.)
I asked him about his trip and he couldn't stop smiling. He was grinning from ear to ear speaking in his broken English about his healthy and happy family back home and the good food he had..(he rubbed his tummy). He even smiled through the part about not going back again now for 4 MORE YEARS. I made a sad face and he was quick to console me..He said, "It's OK madame..It's too difficult for money if I go more." People like Sri I will really miss when we leave this place. I love the constant reality checks that slap me upside the head and let me know how good life is to me and my family. My little problems seem soooo insignificant.
Sri is my hero again this week...minus the birds!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Hes been gone 16 weeks....I think hasn't he.