Monday, January 28, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring....

While on the playground after school the other day, all of the sudden it clouded over and started to rain....pour, in fact.  It is such a novelty to have precipitation here that the kids went wild!  They ran and danced in the rain then started rolling in the puddles created by the drain pipes from the building.  I'm not sure who had the idea but soon they were rolling around in the sand-box.  They looked like they were covered in graham cracker crumbs.  Almost good enough to eat.  Needless to say, we came home to take a long hot bath! I have to admit, for a moment I envied their inhibition.  They didn't hesitate to jump into those puddles and get messy.  Sometimes I think it would be great to do those things as adults.  We often hold back.

1 comment:

Stephens Family said...

I love it! I think I would worry about getting dirty too much. You are right when you say we need to let go a bit, it would probably help my psychological state! Your kids look like so much fun. Cairo is beautiful!