Friday, August 31, 2007

Golf in Abu Dhabi

We're not on the European tour yet but Shari and I have loved golfing in the past week. We are committed to play once a week on Mondays (ladies day). We went to play last week and found out that it was two for one until the end of August because the heat is keeping people away. We took advantage of the deal and played two days in row. It only cost $15 each including the cart. We had a great time. It was hot but we had a cooler full of drinks and cold, wet towels to keep around our necks. It really was a great time.

A friend from my days at Cache Valley Bank has moved to Abu Dhabi. Ernie Herbert and his wife Sharon and their two teenage kids just moved here. Sharon happened to be my Dad's secretary way back and Ernie and I worked together at the bank for a few years.
Sharon rode with Shari and I on the golf course and we loved having a new friend to hang out with. After golf that day we went to the house for lunch and a float in the pool. Tough life we lead..
Sharon and Shari

OK, I realize the ball is still on the ground on the wrong side of my swing here...You have to believe me...It was a practice swing!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

love the pracitce swing! i wish i was sitting in the golf cart with you. that looks so fun. we miss you here. it's good to see john's truck outside of your house here . . . it kind of brings you closer to home for me.