Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just Because


The idea of getting flowers has never really excited me. Of course I like flowers and there is nothing wrong with getting them but I realized the other day it is an entirely different feeling to get an unexpected flower delivery. There was a bit of a language barrier when the delivery came. Brad had been sick for about a week and had come home between meetings to have a quick nap. The kids told me someone was at the door for me. When I got there I saw a guy from Brad's office holding this beautiful bouquet. I said, "Oh, thank you, why are you bringing these to me?" He said..."For the Director." I was a bit embarrassed as I realized they were for Brad, not for me..
I went up to our room and told Brad he had received a beautiful bouquet..He said, "It's for you, from me. Just because I love you."
Receiving flowers like that is a whole different feeling. I love getting flowers!

No comments: